The year is coming to an end and it is crazy to think about how much has happened in only 12 months. 2015 was full of changes for me and I am looking forward to what 2016 has to offer.
So, what did I do?
- I traveled to Vegas, Oregon (via roadtrip!), DC, Santa Barbara, Japan, New York, Boston, and LA.
- It was my first year in a long time being single on Valentine’s Day, but I spent it hiking and eating sweets with friends.
- I attempted to give Facebook up for Lent. I didn’t complete it, but it was good while it lasted.
- I (awkwardly) attended my first InstaMeet.
- I got promoted to SSA.
- I went kayaking and stand up paddle boarding for the first time.
- I did a lateral transfer into another office at work and I absolutely love who I get to work for.
- I got a rental car and drove around LA for the first time.
- I tried eyelash extensions, getting my hair professionally dyed at the salon, and getting my nails did. (All firsts for this year!)
- I got my second lobe piercings and a double cartilage piercing. (Mom did not freak out!)
- I saw Zedd, David Choi, and Seven Lions live.
- I went to my first Jingle Ball concert.
- I completed two (2) 5k runs: The Color Run and Brazen (Almost) New Year’s Eve 5k.
- I filled up my watch box.
- I worked a little more actively as a second shooter for weddings.
- I was introduced to the world of online dating, learned how to date again, and got my heart broken one too many times.
- I bought a Kindle Paperwhite and started reading more. I completed 10 out of 12 books that I aimed to read.
- I did not workout as much as I would have liked, but I learned to love my body more.
- I started watching basketball more and finally know most of the names of Sacramento Kings players.
- I cut my hair to shoulder length for the first time in years.
- I cleaned out my room and let go of years worth of stuffed animals, toys, and notes.
Despite all that has happened, I think the best thing that happened to me this year was learning to accept me for me. I am finally at peace with being introverted, the quiet one, and the one who is only willing to spend the time and energy for selective people. I am happy with the person I have become.
In 2016, I would like to:
- sleep more.
- read more.
- find workouts I like and workout more.
- travel to new territory.
- get promoted or find a job where I can move to the Bay Area.
Bring it on, 2016!